Computer ghosts, spooky networking systems and possessed servers; do you have the most horrifying story of all? Help us prepare for Halloween by sharing your real-life IT horror story that sends chills down our spines. We’ll compare your eerie tales and feature the most horrifying response on the blog. Don’t worry; we’ll change the names to protect the guilty (and the companies that employ them).
And get this: If you submit the absolutely most frightening IT horror story — you’ll win a Microsoft Surface RT. Sure takes the sting out of the trauma, doesn’t it?
To enter, email your story to Dana Taylor by October 15, 2014.
Participants must submit their entry between October 1, 2014 and October 15, 2014 (11:59 p.m. EST) to be considered. Submitting an entry confirms your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this contest, which can be viewed by clicking “View Contest Terms & Conditions”. Submit your entry to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This promotion and contest is valid to U.S. residents only.
- All entries must be 750 words or fewer, original and factual content and exclude confidential material. Entry may be edited to meet Global Knowledge style, grammar and other editing requirements.
- Entry may be posted on Global Knowledge blog and/or in a Global Knowledge newsletter.
- Winner will be chosen by a panel of Global Knowledge employees. The decisions of the panel are final.
- The winner will be notified by Global Knowledge on or before October 17, 2014. Winner must claim prize within three days. Alternate winners will not be chosen.
- The qualified promotion participant who is awarded the Microsoft Surface RT should expect to receive it within six weeks of notification by Global Knowledge.
- Offer is not available where prohibited by your company policy or any statute or regulation. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age at time of entry. Void where prohibited by law.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the contest.
- Government employees are generally not eligible to receive promotional items and may not participate in this promotion.
- Surface is a trademark of Microsoft.