A comprehensive and easy-to-understand set of videos that demonstrate the best practices of game development and designing by showing you how to create five engaging games using Scratch 2.0.
Whether you are new to programming and want a gentle introduction to programming, an educator who is interested in teaching with Scratch 2.0, or someone who wants to make and share fun games and animations, this course is for you. This video tutorial provides you with careful, step-by-step instructions that will unlock the power of your imagination.
- Create and control objects for your game, and write the code for these objects using code blocks
- Make in-game objects interact with each other, such as shooting, eating, bouncing, breaking, and much more
- Implement score and health attributes for your game/characters
- Create artwork by importing graphics, using your webcam, or using the in-game graphic editors
- Ramp up the difficulty in a game by carefully introducing new threats in order to keep the game interesting for the player
- Learn animation tricks that will give a bouncing ball more convincing weight, or synchronize an animated character’s mouth with recorded speech
- Develop your skill at fundamental computer programming concepts, such as if-then loops, iteration, and debugging
- Share your games with your friends
Back to the full range of courses here
If you would like further information about any of our courses,
then please complete our online enquiry form here