This course is a step-by-step walkthrough that will showcase GameMaker: Studio and Game Maker Language (GML) through a series of small, practical examples. You’ll begin with an overview of the UI and interface to familiarize yourself with how things work, and steadily work your way towards building a platformer.
This course is perfect for people just getting started with GameMaker: Studio. No previous knowledge of GameMaker: Studio is required, and any experience in game development would be handy, but not vital.
- Familiarize yourself with the Game Maker: Studio interface
- Program using Game Maker Language (GML)
- Animate sprites in Game Maker: Studio
- Link key presses to object behavior
- Program advanced movement including gravity, friction, and jumps
- Add a HUD with a score counter and health monitor
- Create enemies, obstacles, and objectives for your games
- Create an artificial intelligence and a more challenging game
Back to the full range of courses here
If you would like further information about any of our courses,
then please complete our online enquiry form here